District 6220 offers exchanges with about 40 countries on 6 continents. The list of countries is subject to change from year to year and placement in a particular country is not guaranteed. We encourage you to keep a curious, open mind and be willing to expand your cultural boundaries in many different directions.
Your country choice may depend on a variety of factors, including availability, your age, your language preparation, and even your health or diet. We discuss these details at our October orientations, before you actually make your selection.
- If you are a vegetarian, you should consider countries such as India, Japan, Taiwan or Thailand, where a vegetarian diet is more the norm.
- Some countries, such as Argentina, will not accept a vegetarian student, and other countries have difficulty finding host families for students with strict diet requirements. Food allergies or religious dietary needs will be considered and may be accommodated.
- Some countries require one or two years of language experience prior to your arrival.
- Some countries discourage piercings or tattoos and you may find that your assigned school may have rules against wearing jewelry or even make-up while attending school.
We encourage you to be flexible and open to having a fantastic exchange year anywhere in the world. We find that our students gain a great love and devotion to their host country, as well as near-fluency in their host country’s language no matter where they go!
Check out the country links below to learn more about the countries offered for exchange!
- 🇮🇳 India
- Geography Now! India
- 🇮🇩 Indonesia
- Geography Now! Indonesia
- 🇯🇵 Japan
- Geography Now! Japan
- 🇵🇭 Philippines
- Geography Now! Philippines
- 🇰🇷 South Korea
- Geography Now! South Korea
- 🇹🇼 Taiwan
- 🇹🇭 Thailand
- Geography Now! Thailand