As an Inbound student coming to District 6220, you’ve been sponsored by a local Rotary Club in our District, who will support you in many ways during your year here in the United States. Along the way, you will:
- Live with several host families, who are looking forward to meeting you and having you become a part of their family
- Attend a high school here in Wisconsin or Michigan, and have the opportunity to participate in sports, arts, music, and other extra-curricular activities
- Serve as an ambassador for your country, teaching us about your culture, while adapting to our culture
- Make life-long friendships, not only with students and others here, but with others from all around the world as you get to know the other Inbound students. District 6220 brings in 20-25 Inbounds each year.
- Build memories to last a lifetime, and when it’s over, you’ll return home with a deeper understanding of the different cultures of the world
You’ll plan to arrive in mid-August (talk to your host family and your host club for details), and you should not plan to return earlier than mid-June. We encourage you to stay until mid-July, to participate in the 4th of July holiday and then take part in the Central States RYE Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
You will have the opportunity to attend a number of conferences during the year, including:
- An Inbounds-only orientation in August
- The District 6220 RYE Conference in October
- An Inbounds-only Winter conference in January
- The District 6220 Winter RYE Conference in February
- The District 6220 Governor’s Conference in May
- The Central States RYE Conference in July
For more information about being an Inbound student, use the following links:
Bi-Monthly Reports — Inbound Student – Mandatory Reports due on the 1st of September, November, January, March, May