INDEPENDENT (UNACCOMPANIED) TRAVEL OUTSIDE DISTRICT BOUNDARIES
Independent travel (ex. flying to visit relatives or friends) without an approved adult, requires the completion of the District 6220 Unaccompanied (Independent) Travel Form (hard copy) is located on the District 6220 RYE website
Students should NOT purchase tickets prior to permission being granted. The approval process can take up to 10 days.
Independent travel may be approved under the following conditions:
- Prior approval received by:
- Natural parent(s)
- Host family
- Host club RYEO
- District Inbound Coordinator
- Full proposed itineraries must be provided and approved BEFORE PURCHASING ANY TICKETS.
- A responsible adult must be on both ends of any air travel to drop off and meet the student. Bus travel is not permitted.
- The District Compliance Officer will conduct background checks on adults who will be hosting the student (except for natural parents).
Regardless of the requirements above, it is imperative that the RYEO have the appropriate contact information in the event in any travel situation